Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 3- a little late~

SO FOR DAY THREE, I NEVER MADE IT TO MY BLOG BECAUSE ... IT WAS A CRAZY DAY! We started alright and made it until about 9:45 a.m. before I had this major and I mean MAJOR sense of failure fall on me. I absolutely KNOW this kind of attack only comes from the enemy! It is a battle that I fight almost daily to not feel defeated if we don't stay on schedule 100% and I know that is not even reasonable all the time. So what did I do so as not to pass this craziness to my children? I thought about a truth that may be very natural to some. I remembered that I needed to bring light to the dark lie of the enemy and we went to the sunshine where I sat and talked to Shelby about her interviews with the Godly women she is writing about and we looked over her emails that she had printed off. She smiled as she told me the neat stories of how God took a woman who did not really want children and opened her heart to receive a great blessing of not one or even two but SIX and how the impact of a grand mother in law spoke volumes about love and blessing into the heart of a young married woman. Then Wesley and I talked about the scriptures he looked up in the concordance that related to counsel and counselor [ 54 ] and how he sees Psalm 1 as a true guide for seeking counsel. We looked at the many places people look for advise...he still cracks me up talking about the palm reader folks and asking now WHY in the world would people actually buy into that? I am especially grateful that there are Godly influences in their lives that they can seek comfort and guidance but most grateful that they came to know the Lord early in their lives and know that what they have can always be a real relationship with the one true God who desires to help them through all life's decisions. And on that note we "only" "completed" three subjects and I have two books that Bailey Grace was "scheduled" to read yesterday that I let slide for her to have a last splash in the pool but you know if all they learned is that I love to hear from them and am interested in what God is doing in their lives then ... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

1 comment:

  1. I'd say in my point of view you had a great day! Wish sometimes I spend a little more time listening than dictating..."do your work". Be encouraged, you are doing great with your kids.

    ReplyDelete